Overdose Data to Action (OD2A) is a program born out of a 3-year cooperative agreement between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC), focusing on the complex and changing nature of the drug overdose epidemic and highlighting the need for an integrative and extensive public health approach.
The OD2A program aims to prevent opioid-related harm and overdose by:
- Implementing a Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) system in the CNMI
- Using data to monitor emerging trends and direct prevention activities
- Working with providers and health systems to reduce unsafe exposure to opioids and treat addiction
- Coordinating with public safety and community-based partners to rapidly identify overdose threats, reverse overdoses, link people to effective treatment, and reduce harms associated with opioids
- Increasing public awareness about the risks of prescription and illicit opioids