The Substance Abuse Prevention Services Unit (SAPSU) provides prevention outreach services and technical assistance to the community and partner agencies. The program emphasizes partnering with community stakeholders to provide a comprehensive, effective behavioral health services in the CNMI. Our goal is to promote a safe, healthy, and resilient community by addressing the risk and protective factors that impact substance misuse and abuse behaviors. Through our services, we offer the opportunity to increase awareness of substance misuse and abuse to youth ages 12-25 and provide people with the tools to make healthy decisions.
CLICK HERE to complete the Prevention Services Request (PSR) Form.
You can also contact the prevention services unit at (670)323-6560/1 for more information.
Please note that all requests must be submitted no less than 2 weeks in advance, but preferably 4 weeks prior to anticipated service request date. All requests are subjust to approval.
The prevention services unit provides training in the following areas:
- Pacific Jurisdiction Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST)
- Prevention Ethics
- Substance Abuse Prevention Presentations
- Alcohol/Underage Drinking
- Awareness on Prescription Durgs Misuse/Abuse
- Illicit Drugs (Marijuana, Meth, etc)
- Community Readiness Survey (CRS)
- Strategic Planning/Logic Model
- Synar Survey Inspections & Merchant Educaton Workshop