Children's Developmental Assistance Center (C*DAC)
The mission of C*DAD is to promote collaborative relationships among agencies and their families in order to maximize our children's potential and build respect for cultural values and family choices." Since 1987, the Public School System, in collaboration with the Department of Public Health, has provided Early Intervention Services to eligible infants and toddlers and their families. The Public School System, as the lead agency, is responsible for the general supervision, monitoring and implementation of Early Intervention Services within the CNMI. Family Centered Services are designed to support families in fulfilling their role as parents and to meet the developmental needs of children birth to three years old with disabilities or developmental delays in a culturally diverse community.
Early Intervention Services (EIS)
Mission: To promotoe collaborative relationships among agencies and families in order to maximize children's potenial and build respect for cultural values and family choices.
- All infants and toddlers with disabilities or developmental delays are identified, evaluated, and provided early intervention services by qualified individuals.
- All eligible infants and toddler and their familier receive early intervention services in natural enviroments appropriate for the child.
- The outcomes for infants and toddlers and their families are enhanced by family-centered supports and services.
- That all children and families are provided support and services needed to ensure a smooth transition when they exit the Early Intervention Program.
C*DAC/EIS offer the following services:
- Assistive Technology and devise and services.
- Audiology Services
- Family Training
- Home Visit Services
- Health Services
- Medical Services
- Nursing Services
- Nutrition Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Psychological Services
- Service Coordination
- Sign Language Services
- Social Work Services
- Special Instruction Services
- Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Vision Services
There is a total of ten (10) staff members:
Robin Palacios - Interim Coordinator
Janelle Cepeda - Data Manager
Jonisa Deleon Guerrero - Special Instruction Teacher
Peter Ryan Mendiola - Special Instruction Teacher
Kristina Hayes - Speech Language Therapist
Pennie Mathias - Occupational Therapist
Severo Siasoyco - Physical Therapist
Ann Marie Satur - Children and Youth with Special Healthcare Needs (CYSHCN) Coordinator
Doris Itibus - Early Intervetion Services Worker
Open Monday-Friday from 7:30am-4:30pm and during lunch.
The office is closed on holidays.
For more information on C*DAC/EIS, please contact us at (670) 664-4841.