Common discussions that social workers engage in with patients and families include:
- Patient and family adjustment to illness/injury
- Patient and family coping with stress
- Grief and loss issues
- Safety and crisis intervention
- Financial assessment - identifying and referring cases for financial assistance
- Discharge planning - working together with hospital staff, patients, and their families to develop and implement a post-discharge care plan
- Information and referral services - linking patients and caregivers to community resources
Our services are free and confidential.
The Medical Social Services Department is located on the second floor of the CHCC main campus, next to Pediatrics.