The Title X Family Planning program’s mission is to assist individuals in determining the number and spacing of their children. This promotes positive birth outcomes and healthy families.
The program is designed to provide access to contraceptive services (including natural methods), supplies and information to all who want and need them, with priority given to persons of low-income.
Title X family planning clinics offer a broad range of family planning and related preventive health services on a voluntary and confidential basis.
In addition to contraceptive services and related counseling, Title X-supported clinics provide a number of related preventive health services such as:
- patient education and counseling;
- breast and pelvic examinations;
- breast and cervical cancer screening;
- sexually transmitted disease (STD) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) prevention education, counseling, testing and referral; and
- pregnancy diagnosis and counseling.
Important Facts/Did You Know?
- You must take your birth control as directed for the best protection. For example you need to take your pill at the same time every day for it to work best.
- Emergency Contraception is available at the clinic or at any pharmacy over the counter for women and men 17 and older without a prescription. And can be used to prevent pregnancy up to five days (120 hours) after unprotected sex.
- Family Planning services are available to those trying to get pregnant also! For example preconception care and infertility.
For more information, feel free to download the following PDFs:
Which Contraceptive is Right for You?
Common Questions and Answers About Oral Contraceptives
Facts About Injectable Contraception
What Women Should Know About ECPs
The Levonorgestrel Intrauterine System
Facts About Progestin-Only Oral Contraceptives
The Contraceptive Skin Patch
Common Questions and Answers About the Birth Control Vaginal Ring (NuvaRing)
Maria Hy, M.D – Family Planning Medical Director
Irene Barrineua - Family Planning Coordinator
Appointment numbers to be seen for services:
Tinian Health Center
Rota Health Center
****Program Funding is provided by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Population Affairs/Office of Family Planning, Title X Grant.****
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE