The purpose of the Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS) Grant Project is to assist efforts to build and implement a Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems that support families and communities in their development of children that are healthy and ready to learn at school entry.
- CNMI’s ECCS vision: All children of the CNMI are healthy and are performing at their fullest potential.
- CNMI’s ECCS mission: To promote partnerships among agencies, families, and organizations in the community to support children in the CNMI while respecting cultural values and family choices.
- Our Services include:
- Expand developmental screenings in early care and education.
- Expand developmental screenings at clinics and CHCC's satellite clinics.
- Invest in local capacity by developing Child Care Health Consultants (CCHC) expertise.
- Integrate the importance of human development during infancy and early childhood and early childhood developmental and behavioral screening in curriculums implemented at day care centers.
- Promote and provide public education and awareness on the importance of various early childhood developmental topics.
- Support early childhood local initiative integrating approached focusing on the importance of human development during infancy and early childhood including early childhood developmental and behavioral screenings
Heather S. Pangelinan - ECCS Project Coordinator
Dolores Itibus - ECCS Service Coordinator